For Dogs with Allergies
Looking for a wheat free dog biscuits recipe? You can make your own homemade dog treats, without wheat or cornmeal, using this recipe.
The healthy ingredients in this recipe, like barley flour and oat bran are similar to those found in your dog’s wheat free dog food.
Blackstrap molasses adds iron, B vitamins and healthy minerals.
In addition to making sure that your dog doesn’t get any foods that trigger his dog food allergies, you may want to consider a natural digestive support product.
This will make sure that your pet is digesting and getting all the nutrients that she needs–from her dog food and treats.
Using a GI support product specifically designed for dogs will also help to eliminate gastrointestinal problems like vomiting and diarrhea–a plus for you, as well!
However, your dog doesn’t need to be allergic to foods in order to enjoy these healthy dog training treats.
Keep a handful of dog biscuits in your pocket, to use as a special reward when your dog is being good or you want to reward a particular behavior.
These delicious dog training treats are quick and easy to make. Just use a pizza cutter wheel or a 5 wheel pastry cutter and cut them into squares. Or, alternatively, use mini cookie cutters. Bake and serve!
Ingredients for Wheat Free Dog Treats
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 2 cups organic soy flour
- 1 tsp. ginger powder
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon powder
- 2 T. unsulfured blackstrap molasses
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp. non-aluminum baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a medium sized bowl.
- Blend the molasses and oil together.
- Combine all the ingredients and knead the dough a few times.
- Roll the dough to form a sheet that is ¼” thick.
- Using a palm held pizza cutter or professional heavy duty multi wheel dough cutter, cut into ¾” to 1” squares.
- Place the treats on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Turn off the oven and let the treats continue to dry overnight.
Store your treats in an airtight food storage container. They will last for several months, if not eaten sooner. The finished treats are a good size for puppies and small breed dogs too!
In addition to healthy dog treats, if your dog has allergies or a sensitive stomach, you might want to consider a high quality product like the TruDog omega topper. This is a healthy supplement to your dog’s diet that you just add to his regular dog food.