Apple Dog Bone Treats, made with cinnamon and canned applesauce, smell great in the oven and will soon become one of your dog’s favorite treats.
You could say that apple spice homemade dog bones taste like “sugar and spice and everything nice!” At least that’s what I’ve been told…
Our dog bone treats are all natural, tasty and good for your dog to eat. Sweetness comes from heart-healthy applesauce and oats–not sugar.
And if your dog eats vegetarian dog food, you can give him these homemade dog bones with confidence, knowing that all the ingredients are healthy for dogs!
Watch your dog sniff and explore the smell and then taste of these fruit dog treats! They really do smell good enough for the people in the house to eat!
Of course you can make these applesauce dog treats into any shape that you’d like. However, dog bone cookie cutters remain the favorite.
Need a dog bone cookie cutter? These dog bone cookie cutters give you a nice variety of shapes and are economical!
Apple Dog Bone Treats Ingredients
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached flour
- 1/3 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp. dry yeast
- 2 T. vegetable or olive oil
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 1 cup + 2T. water
- Put all the ingredients into your bread maker in the order suggested by the manufacturers.
- Set the bread maker to the dough cycle.
- When the dough is done, remove it and divide it into 3 equal parts.
- Roll the dough to ½” thickness for large bones and ¼” thickness for smaller bones.
- Use bone shaped cookie cutters to cut the cookies.
- Place the cookies/bones on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 300 degrees F for about an hour—check to make sure that the bones don’t get too brown.
- Turn off the oven and leave the dog bone treats in the oven overnight to finish drying. They will be hard and crisp when they are done.
Have fun with these natural snacks for your dog. And, let me know how you make out with the recipe!
Sometimes it’s nice to have a special dog treat on hand. Your dog will love these rabbit jerky with apples and kale treats, and they are super good for her!