Help Customers Remember You!
Specialty dog business cards are the perfect way to spread the word about your dog bakery or dog related business, when you meet new people.
Never leave home without them!
Business cards show others that you are business-like, and they give you and your dog bakery a professional advantage!
If you’ve never had a business before, you might overlook this simple, but very effective idea of giving out business cards.
Business cards are one of the least expensive ways to advertise your business!
When to Give a Business Care
And, for this method of niche marketing, I’d suggest you start right away. As soon as you have designed your logo (or had it designed for you), have your business cards printed.
That way you can give them to all your friends, relatives and acquaintances, so that when you are actually start your business, a lot of people will be anxiously awaiting the news, that you are now open for business…
Your Pet Business Advertising
No matter what business you are in, professionals always use business cards to give their contact information to others.
You get a business card at the doctor’s office, to remind you of an upcoming appointment, and you get a business card from your insurance agent, your CPA, or the dress shop at the mall.
Business cards are a great way to remind people of your pet bakery, and they give people a way to contact you, easily.
You are in business, just like other professionals, so every time you meet someone or give someone your contact information, hand them a business card.
Another way to distribute your business cards is to tack several to bulletin boards in grocery stores, gas stations, etc. They disappear fast, and people now have your contact information–in hand!
Having business cards shows that you are professional—and it’s so much better than tearing a sheet of paper and writing your phone number on it!
What to Include on Your Dog Business Cards
When you have your business cards printed, keep these things in mind:
- Make sure you have all your important contact information. Include your name, the name of your pet bakery, your address (this is optional for your home-based business), your phone number, and mailing address if you don’t include a physical address.
- If you do have a store front bakery, be sure to include your bakery’s address and hours of operation. Nothing is worse than having a potential customer come to your store as a result of your advertising, only to find you are closed! In addition it is important to commit to regular hours, so that your customers can depend on finding you in the bakery.
- If you have a website, it’s a good idea to include that, as well.
- If you have a logo, make sure you put it on the card. People will start to recognize your logo and brand. However, if you don’t have a logo, you can still get really cute cards that represent your business.
- In one short sentence or phrase, say what you do. Three months after someone gets your card, you want them to remember why they have it, and what you do! Include a short description of your business.
Before you print your cards…
Business cards can get expensive, especially if you choose custom colors and details. You can get shiny, plastic, or business cards that are printed on both sides, as well. With a two sided card, you can put more information about your business on the back of the card.
Keep in mind that the extra cost may be worth it. Your dog business cards serve as a reminder of your business, and they tell potential customers how to reach you.
And lastly, take time to sketch out your business card plan—before you have your cards printed. That way you can check and double-check to make sure that you have included everything and that you like the way it looks.
For more information on getting your pet bakery started, make sure you get a copy of Bake a Dog a Bone. You’ll find great information, written by experienced business men.